Survey on Doc Software

Subject: Survey on Doc Software
From: Michael Salsbury <michael -dot- salsbury -at- CYBERLINK -dot- BEAVER -dot- PA -dot- US>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 1994 20:22:07 -0500

My heartiest thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry about
software and hardware for producing large manuals.

The recommendations came out about like this:

FrameMaker 75%
Interleaf 13
BookMaster 8
WordPerfect 3
Other 1

I passed the information along to the boss, along with all your
comments. He was pleased and impressed with the quality and
quantity of what you had to say. Again, thanks.

He then said that the "big boss" (read, "the guy who signs all our
paychecks") was more concerned with procedural changes, though it
was hoped that a software change might reduce the time it takes to
get changes made to manual.

It's hard to do your job when people change it without telling
you.

See my next message for another survey/request...

Michael Salsbury
michael -dot- salsbury -at- cyberlink -dot- beaver -dot- pa -dot- us

<Dictating>
"From the markings 'comma' on the alien pod 'comma' it has
become clear 'comma' to me 'comma' that we are dealing 'comma'
with a species of awesome intellect 'colon'." (Rimmer)

"Good. Perhaps they'll be able to give you hand with your
punctuation." (Holly)

Red Dwarf
(British Sci-Fi Show)