Re: Word

Subject: Re: Word
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 21:21:43 -0600

I haven't had the opportunity to really become familiar with Word 6 yet,
but have worked extensively in Word 2. I had no problems with documents
of up to 45 or 50 pages. To be truthful, I never tried to do more than
this in Word. When I had longer documents, I broke them into chapters as
Karen suggests. It sounds like a practice I will be continuing. Thanks
for the feedback.

On Wed, 21 Sep 1994, griggs karen s wrote:

> Techwriters,
> Some one recently asked "How long can Word documents be
> before problems arise?" In my experience, it is possible to work with a
> single 100 page document and link it to others. As a practical matter, a
> project management matter, instead of scrolling and print previewing and
> foooling around trying to find where you were, it is much better to write
> and edit chapters, or segments, say 20 pages at a time. Risk goes down if
> all your eggs are not in one basket.
> Regards, Karen Griggs
> kgriggs -at- niu -dot- edu

* RoMay Sitze rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu *
* Mirrors should reflect a *
* little before throwing *
* back images. *
* -Jean Cocteau- *