Re: Sam Clemens is dead

Subject: Re: Sam Clemens is dead
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 1994 12:12:45 EDT

Richard--

It sounds to me that your argument, when it's valid (and I think
it depends on the complexity of the software) is going to apply
equally to online documentation: if you can't include it in
1000 pages of nine-point type, can you include it in the amount
of disk space that you have time to fill before the product ships?
And can you fit it on the laptop they'll give me for my next
business trip? At that point, I think our goal has to be to provide
the most important information, and get the software developers to
make the software as easy to use as possible, since such a program
can only be learned hands-on.

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com
New York, NY