Concentration

Subject: Concentration
From: Micheal Uhl <MU17692 -at- USAV01 -dot- GLAXO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 11:18:00 EDT

Mark L. Levinson is correct. The quality of your work will
increase if you take breaks. A colleague and I used to take
walks on the Glaxo campus every afternoon. It was during those
walks that we came up with many of our best ideas for
document design, Word macros, etc. It was also a necessary
break from our strenuous work. (I often worked 50+ hour weeks.)

On the other hand, I do wonder when *some* of my TECHWR-L
colleagues do their other work. I often imagine I know when a
deadline comes up for some of them because the number of
postings from them suddenly drops precipitously. :-)

Mike Uhl (uhl~m -at- glaxo -dot- com)
Glaxo Inc. Research Institute
Research Triangle Park, NC