Why would an editor use internet?

Subject: Why would an editor use internet?
From: miban <mb_mann -at- PNL -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 18:02:13 GMT

I'm making an internet presentation to a group of editors/technical writers for
research organization (computer documentation is a very small part of our
work - mostly we do reports, journal articles, technology/science updates on
physics, biological sciences, environmental sciences you name it, we got it).

How useful do you guys find internet in your work? Do you use it for
research, to keep up professionally, as an interesting coffee break, to send
documents electronically? If you do use it for research, what is most useful?
Or is internet a big time dump?

I'll post my info when I get it. If you can answer me by Monday 10/10, I'd be
purely thrilled, but I need the info anyway so send when you can.

"Self-respect: the secure feeling that no one, as yet, is suspicious." H.L.
Menken.