merging UNIX Frame files into one file

Subject: merging UNIX Frame files into one file
From: Gayle Gustafson Ferreira <ggusta -at- MDEV -dot- MICROGNOSIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 15:48:10 EDT

To All,

Does anyone know how to merge UNIX FrameMaker files into
one large file? I have a UNIX book file with about 120
include files that are Manual Pages. Some of the filenames
are very long (which is ok for UNIX) but I need to combine
these files for viewing on the PC (only 8 characters allowed
for filenames).

Frame says there is no way to do it, and using UNIX cat()
corrupts the output file. When viewing this book file and
associated include files on the PC, I wouldn't care when
they get truncated, but some 8-character filenames are
not unique (e.g., AddCompPg and AddCompPgObj both get
truncated to addcompp).

Thanks.
P.S. I needed this yesterday, naturally.

ggggg ggggg
g g g g
g g
g ggg g ggg
g g g g
gggg gggg
Gayle L. Gustafson-Ferreira
ggusta -at- mdev -dot- micrognosis -dot- com

Micrognosis
517 Route One South
5th Floor
Iselin, New Jersey 08830