Re: Cue Cards; licensing for MS Proj tool?

Subject: Re: Cue Cards; licensing for MS Proj tool?
From: "Mary M. Deaton" <marymd -at- HALCYON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 1994 09:22:21 -0700

On Wed, 12 Oct 1994, Faith Weber wrote:

> Ed Hoornaert writes:

> >is packaged as a "tool" with Microsoft Project 4.0. It includes a
> >template and a set of cue cards to help create your own.

> Does anyone know how licensing works for this? I'm assuming that
> Microsoft is happy to let you write your own Cue Cards for your
> own purposes, but I doubt they want you to sell what you've created
> as part of your own product. (Also, I don't know whether you can
> use it to write Cue Cards for applications other than MS Project.)

> Faith Weber
> EA Systems Inc.
> weber -at- easi -dot- enet -dot- dec -dot- com

Turns out that Microsoft lets you free re-distribute any Cue CArds you
make with the little applet they ship with Project. Francine at
Communitech talked with them and confirmed this. The applet is a not too
fancy WinHelp with Word Basic macros setup that is easy enough to
replicate, anyway, if you know WinHelp and Word, and can be customized to
look differently by editing the HPJ and the style sheet.

Mary Deaton
KNOWware: Information You Can Use