windows word processors (fwd)

Subject: windows word processors (fwd)
From: Joe Fockler <jfockler -at- IPHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 1994 12:03:00 -0500

Can any of you Microsoft Windows gurus out there help? This woman needs a
simple word processor - not a desktop publishing package. Are there any
simple Windows word processors on the market?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Joe
jfockler -at- iphase -dot- com

+ Subject: windows word processors

+ I am in the process of trying to help one of my wife's elderly
+ relatives who has a bit too much available time and/or cash find a
+ usable word processor for Windows.

+ Microsoft Word is far too complex, and requires too much memory.

+ ClarisWorks sucks. The on-screen font display looks like crap, and
+ the program stinks.

+ Does anyone know of any other reasonably easy to use word processors
+ for Windows that come with a spell checker (preferably one of those
+ really obnoxious ones that BEEP every time it disagrees with your
+ spelling)??

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000====
* | *
* Joe Fockler | "The price of greatness is responsibility." *
* Interphase Corporation | *
* Dallas, Texas 75234 | -- Winston Churchill *
* | *
* jfockler -at- iphase -dot- com | "He that brings hope, brings leadership." *
* | *
* | -- unknown *
From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000====