Re: Resume length

Subject: Re: Resume length
From: Caryn Rizell <caryn -at- HPPTC95 -dot- ROSE -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 10:29:46 PDT

I also keep to the one page resume. In fact, I just had my resume
reviewed by our local STC chapter resume review committee, and all
of the reviewers (managers) said that they liked the one page
resume.

I do not use a chronological resume. I list my skill sets with
accomplishments under each, then list my employers in another
section. This gets good reviews also, because it focuses on
what I can do, not who I did it for. It also lets me group
related accomplishments at different jobs into one area.

I started out with this format when I was new to technical writing
because my experience was not directly related, but have kept to
that style because it gets results.

Caryn Rizell
caryn -at- hpptc95 -dot- rose -dot- hp -dot- com