Re: Resume length

Subject: Re: Resume length
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 15:38:39 GMT

-> > How long should a resume be for a newly-graduated
-> > college student? Right now, mine is two pages.

-> Two separate pages. For some reason, people I've talked to don't lik
-> backside of the first page to have writing on it.

I threw caution to the winds at one point and did my resume as a
'campaign brochure' -- a letter size sheet folded in 3, with my name,
photo and 'philosophy' on the front cover, and the CV information on
the remaining 5 panels. I typeset it and had it printed on quality
paper.

I look on a resume as an advertising or marketing piece with me as the
product, and since that is the business we're really in when you get
right down to it, the 'campaign brochure' approach was very effective.

By taking this approach, I was able to demonstrate design, organization
and copywriting skills in a way no two-page typewritten supplication
could have done. And I was able to pack a lot more information into this
format than I could have in a conventional two page resume.

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
MSI * Connecting the world in '94 800-999-9619 805-873-2500