Re: 3-ring binders

Subject: Re: 3-ring binders
From: Ray Bruman x2325 <rbruman -at- TURING -dot- RAYNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 1994 16:22:49 PDT

"Virginia L. Krenn" <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU> writes:
> Subject: 3-ring binders
> Surely I'm not the only person who wants to have accurate up-to-date
> information. And if no one inserts update pages, then what happens to
> the millions of them that IBM sends out every year?

Here's a hint. What happens to the millions of Chinese Take-Out menus
that flood the halls of Manhattan apartment buildings? Or, as Mason
Williams asked, "What happened to all the rubber that's been worn off
tires ever since cars were invented?"

Seriously. Check the bookshelves and drawers next time someone vacates
an office or cubicle. Bet you'll find lots of shrink-wrapped updates.

> What kinds of users were surveyed? Are we analysts / programmers that
> much different from other users?

Yes. Even from other analyst/programmers, I'll bet.

It's impossible to get data figures here; we're all just going on hunches.
But many tech writers are delighted if the users take the shrink wrap off
the ORIGINAL version of the documentation, let alone the change pages.

Ray Bruman In this establishment,
Raynet Corp. we DO NOT DISCUSS
rbruman -at- raynet -dot- com race, religion, politics,
415-688-2325 or nutrition.