Re: 3-ring binders

Subject: Re: 3-ring binders
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 1994 08:23:37 EDT

Virginia said she's interested in using the most up-to-date information, and
finds change pages useful. Then she asked:

>if no one inserts update pages, then what happens to the millions of
>them that IBM sends out every year?

When I started in tech writing, about ten years ago, I was working for a
company with about 60 foreign customers. Some of these were in parts of
the world that were not fully industrialized.

I was thrilled to learn that many of these smaller companies eagerly signed
up for our tech manual update contracts, and we shipped them hundreds or
thousands of pages each year.

Then I learned why. It seems toilet paper is in very short supply in those
parts of the world....

I'm not kidding.

It kinda put my work into a whole new perspective.

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor
rlippinc -at- bev -dot- etn -dot- com