Punctuation Inside Quotes

Subject: Punctuation Inside Quotes
From: Jim Grey <jimgrey -at- DORITE -dot- USE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 1994 08:49:00 EST

Aahz notes:
>Another common difference is typographical: most hackers avoid placing
>punctuation inside quotes unless the phrase being quoted requires it.

I like this convention. My company's style guide requires that punctuation
fall within quotes. Sometimes it's just not possible to recast a sentence
to avoid "command." when it would be clearer as "command".

jim grey
jimgrey -at- iquest -dot- net
--
jim grey |beebeebumbleandthestingersmottthehoopleraycharlessingers
jimgrey -at- iquest -dot- net|lonniemackandtwangin'eddiehere'smyringwe'regoin'steadyta