Re: "Come with," "I want to go with," and so on.

Subject: Re: "Come with," "I want to go with," and so on.
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 10:13:52 -0800

Vollbach, Elizabeth said:
> Just got around to reading some mail about this type of speech. It
> has nothing to do with dialect. Come on, think. It's just a cutesy
> way of speaking that is actually improper English.

What do you mean, "it has nothing to do with dialect"? If you hear it
in some regions of the country and not others, then it is a regional
dialect feature. If that's how people speak in that region, it's not
improper English. You may find it "cutesy" but I can guarantee that
people who speak that way don't.

Just because it drives you crazy doesn't mean it isn't a legitimate
way to talk.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com