Topics and Stuff (was Background)

Subject: Topics and Stuff (was Background)
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 14:38:23 -0600

Liz Babcock said:

>Perhaps TECHWR-Lers who feel similarly excluded could do likewise by =
>introducing topics that would be directly applicable to the career =
>concerns of "the rest of us."

And I would like to reiterate that non-computer topics would be
welcome on TECHWR-L. I know of a number of scientific
communicators and technical communication teachers who have mentioned
to me that they wish they had a forum for those topics. As far as I'm
concerned, this is it. I would very much like to see discussions
on scientific communication, teaching, or other non-computer
issues. Not that I have anything against this computer stuff ;-), but
there are other aspects to the profession out there, and this list
was intended as a forum for all of those diverse aspects.

Thanks,
Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu