Re[2]: **Defining Tech Comm**

Subject: Re[2]: **Defining Tech Comm**
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 16:46:42 -0600

OK, Jeff, I'll bite:

Technical communicators must provide accessible
information to their audience, who should then be able
to act appropriately based on that information.

Huh, my $15K didn't get me the same thing that yours
got you. At least the checks ended up in the same
place. ;-)

Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Subject: Re: **Defining Tech Comm**
Author: Jefrson -at- osuunx -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu at SMTP
Date: 11/15/94 10:17 AM
OK, here goes...

Technical communicators' goals should be to encode a message
and send it through a channel to a receiver, causing the
receiver to act on the message in a way that proves that
the message made it through the system with as little change
in intended meaning as possible.

I took out $15,000 in student loans for grad school just to
learn this. I sure hope I'm right.

Jeff Miller
OK State U. Ag Communications
Jefrson -at- osuunx -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu