Re: Background

Subject: Re: Background
From: Aahz <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 1994 23:21:33 GMT

In article <9411022049 -dot- AA16395 -at- template -dot- com>,
Don Sargent <sargent -at- otter -dot- template -dot- com> wrote:

>One of our minimum qualifications for the Sr. Technical Writer position
>is coursework in a programming language such as PASCAL, C, or C++. Extra
>programming experience or a Computer Science degree really grabs our attention.

>As you might expect, nearly all the resumes and candidates we interview
>fall into these categories:

> o Technically strong, weak technical writing
> o Strong technical writing, technically weak in programming concepts

I hope you're basing your decisions on the candidates' skills, rather
than just their experience. As Laura said, many people have self-taught
computer skills; many people without writing experience have good
writing skills.
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

Seeking job in Silicon Valley doing tech writing or database tech support.
Prefer Unix-oriented position. Send e-mail for resume.