Re: Hello from Oz

Subject: Re: Hello from Oz
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 1994 11:03:10 EDT

Like Mike LaTorra, I started out with an interest in scientific work, but
little aptitude for mathmatics. Looking back, I now see the pattern that I
was more interested in the explanations than in the details. The Carl Sagan
and Isaac Asimov explanations were what I wanted, not the math and formulas.

As I grew a little older, I developed an interest in aviation and aerospace.
Here, I was more interested in engineering detail, but again not to the point
of being able to interpret wind tunnel data.

In junior high, I still wanted to be a nuclear physicist. By the time I was
in high school, it was clear that I processed words far better than I
processed numbers. I realized that I wanted to write.

The original interest was in journalism, after a few years in that field I
began to explore tech writing as a better way to make a living. It worked
out well, and I made the final switch in 1984. The aerospace interest paid
off, though, as I worked for almost ten years in aerospace tech writing.

That's my story.

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor
rlippinc -at- bev -dot- etn -dot- com