Video Scripts

Subject: Video Scripts
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 1994 13:35:02 EDT

William Hartzer talked about script writing, and concluded with:

>All you need is a pencil.

Talent helps, also. (And paper comes in handy, but I'm getting silly....)

It's really nice to have all the latest equipment, high-powered DTP, ooodels of
RAM, and a hard drive the size of Rhode Island. But if my writing stinks,
it's gonna stink no matter what system I'm using.

(As a matter of fact, speaking of high-powered DTPs, has anybody besides me
noticed a growing trend in documentation and third-party books? They're
starting to look over-produced. But that's another topic.)

As I said in a message earlier today, if "video scripting" refers to on-line
multimedia, then the right tool for the job is something with muscle.

But creative writing? Shakespeare with a quill pen beats me and FrameMaker
any day of the week.

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor
rlippinc -at- bev -dot- etn -dot- com