BS and MS at same university

Subject: BS and MS at same university
From: Joseph J Little <litt0023 -at- MAROON -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 03:51:30 GMT

I'm considering several different grad schools for tech comm and,
as a result, have talked with a bunch of professors about my
options. Some of the professors suggested that I avoid getting
my MS from the same university that I received my BS--I should
get a "new perspective." Is this crucial? Do most of you agree
that a BS and MS from the same university would severely damage
my "employability" and/or "credibility" or am I reading too
much into their warnings? Thanks!

--Joe Little
University of Minnesota