Re: Re[2]: Tech Writing Future & Pen-based computing

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Tech Writing Future & Pen-based computing
From: Rose Wilcox <RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 18:05:00 PST

Gwen wrote:
WOMAN'S WORK
<<...men, particularly executives, consider typing to be something
secretaries do, in other words "woman's work", and that it's
demeaning for them to be expected to type to use a computer.>>

Interesting theory. The pen-based pilot we have going here is
for construction engineers (pretty male-dominated field -- I
haven't seen one female *working for my organization* yet --
please note emphasis! -- I know there *must* be one or two
female construction engineers *somewhere*!)

Our engineers *love* the pen-based computers! (This is the
project where the lead developer asked for a *male* tech
writer, so that the engineers would be *more comfortable*!
Before y'all get too upset, the idea of choosing tech writers
by gender was quashed by our management team, thank
you very much!)

Rosie
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com