Re: Job Futures for Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Job Futures for Tech Writing
From: JohnBrin <johnbrin -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 08:15:07 -0500

In article <3bggg5$8qv -at- news -dot- acns -dot- nwu -dot- edu>, ej0 -at- notis -dot- com writes:

>I am in the process of investigating tech writing jobs, and I have had
several
>people in the business state that the future (and near future at that) of
tech
>writing is primarily in contract work. For example, I understand that
Arthur
>Anderson is doing virtually no hiring of tech writers, but is having a
great
>deal of work done through contract firms.

This is true, not only of tech writing but other tech professions. It
allows the adustment of the workforce to meet changing work loads. Agility
is a key characteristic of today's more competetive business environment.

What tech writers will do in the future will change significantly too. I
have said some about this on techwr-l.

-John Brinegar, Phoenix, Arizona-