Re: Line spacing in bullet li

Subject: Re: Line spacing in bullet li
From: Rose Wilcox <RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 11:35:00 PST

Keith wrote:

> When I was
>doing work for IBM, I was told to use compact lists (i.e., no line
>spacing between items) if the items were one line long. If any of the
>items fit on more than one line, then put a line space between all
>items in the list.

>I have no idea what the rationale for this was, but that was the way we

I worked for IBM, too. The rationale was that it makes the list easier to
read. Take a list with paragraphs, format it both ways: with or without
lines between, then print out and see which is easier to read.

Rosie
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
"The greatest part of a writer's time is spent in reading,
in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book."
Samuel Johnson