$100K???????????

Subject: $100K???????????
From: "William J. Hartzer" <William -dot- Hartzer -at- EMC2-TAO -dot- FISC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 15:53:00 EST

In JF Woods' little story about the large mainframes, the author write the
following: "...the computer manufacturer gave the customer and additional 65K
of memory at a cost of several $100K!"

JF Woods, please explain to me why you used the 'K' in '$100K' and didn't
explain it. If you're going to jump all over people who do NOT explain what
'K' means, don't make the mistake yourself.

So, what DOES the 'K' in '$100K' stand for, huh?