editing challenge (humor)

Subject: editing challenge (humor)
From: Darcey Harding <STU_DCHARDIN -at- VAX1 -dot- ACS -dot- JMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 1994 12:41:02 -0500

Okay, people. As expert translators, you should have no problem with this. :-)

> The following Christmas carols were written by

o government officials
o programmers, and
o engineers

> Can you guess the original titles?

>1. Move hitherward the entire assembly of those who are loyal in their belief.

>2. Embellish interior passageways.

>3. Natal celebration devoid of color as a hallucinatory phenomenon for me.

>4. Twelve o'clock an a clement night witnessed is arrival.

>5. The Christmas preceding all others.

>6. Omnipotent supreme being who elicits respite to ecstatic distinguished
males.

>7. Jovial yuletide desired for the second person singular or plural by us.

>8. Exclamitory remark about mall municipality in Judea southwest of Jerusalem.

Darcey C. Harding No passion in the world is equal to the
Stu_Dchardin -at- vax1 -dot- acs -dot- jmu -dot- edu passion to alter someone else's draft.
******** -- H. G. Wells