Copyright (was Re: backformations - the last word)

Subject: Copyright (was Re: backformations - the last word)
From: Mean Green Dancing Machine <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 15:38:09 GMT

In article <9412202230 -dot- AA00580 -at- leo -dot- austin -dot- asc -dot- slb -dot- com>,
Katie Henry x3432 <khenry -at- austin -dot- asc -dot- slb -dot- com> wrote:

>Here is a neat work that uses "chelant". Great stuff.

> "How I met my wife" by Jack Winter
> Published 25 July 1994 - The New Yorker

> [presumed copyrighted work deleted]

I think we as professional writers need to be more careful and
respectful of others' copyrights. Posting something to Usenet or a
mailing list *is* breaking copyright law. Dave Barry's column was
removed from Clarinet (the Usenet AP feed) because too many people were
passing it around.

As more and more information gets published on-line, we will all need to
become activists in protecting each others' copyrights.
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

Third virtual anniversary: 9 days and counting