Re: What's this grammar-bashing?

Subject: Re: What's this grammar-bashing?
From: Mean Green Dancing Machine <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 1994 16:22:34 GMT

In article <9412230824 -dot- AA02073 -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il>, Mark Levinson <mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il> wrote:
> 7. Make it grammatically correct, unless that interferes with 4, 5, or 6.

>** I could understand making grammar #2 if political correctness were
> #1, but how did grammar get down to #7? Can anyone cite an instance
> where grammar needs to yield to understandability, consistency, or
> technical accuracy?

I think there's some confusion arising from the conflation of
chronological ordering and relative importance. Chronologically, the
first task has to be getting the material technically correct. I don't
think we as a group can come to any kind of meaningful agreement on the
relative importance of each of these rules.
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

Third virtual anniversary: 7 days and counting