warranty info in a manual

Subject: warranty info in a manual
From: Art Elser <ELSER_ART/HP0800_01 -at- MAILHUB -dot- CS -dot- ITC -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 1994 11:31:00 -0700

Here at Hewlett-Packard, we do include warranty info in our manuals,
at least here in the Colorado Springs Division. But we put that info
at the back of the manual along with compliance info so it won't be
in the way of our users. No one ever reads that stuff anyway. We
put a pointer to the warranty and compliance info on the title page
along with the copyright.

Some HP divisions who have need of compliance and safety info in
many languages, include chapters with this stuff at the back of
each manual with pointers on the title page. We checked with
out legal folks about this strategy, and they said it was fine.

art elser