Re: Length of Help Context ID

Subject: Re: Length of Help Context ID
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 09:53:44 EDT

Sandra Eady asks

<--
How does the length of Context IDs affect performance of
a help system?
-->

I have not seen any affect on performance at all. Our context IDs (as I recall)
were anywhere from 10 to 20 characters. I doubt they would have an impact,
because the help compiler is turning them into internal addresses anyway.

/chet

---
Chet Ensign Phone: (908) 771-9221
Director, Electronic Publishing Email: chet -at- lds -dot- com
Logical Design Solutions, Inc. Email(home): censign -at- interserv -dot- com