Re: Help needed with Home Pages

Subject: Re: Help needed with Home Pages
From: jcurran -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 20:08:00 GMT

In <sf02a6f2 -dot- 030 -at- WPOSMTP -dot- METC -dot- DOE -dot- GOV>, MSANDE -at- wposmtp -dot- metc -dot- doe -dot- gov writes:
>Is there anyone out there who may be able to give me some
>information or guidance as to how to start a Home Page on
>the Internet?

You need access to an HTTP server. Your best bet is probably to hook up
with an Internet Service Provider, like netcom, who can put the pages
you create out on the Internet.

To create the pages, you need to learn HTML (HyperText Markup Language).
It's a pretty simple tagging language that specifies how the text gets
formatted when someone reads it. You can ftp the latest HTML spec from
http://www.hal.com/~connolly/html-spec/index.html. I know that won't
help you if you don't already have access to the Web, but that's the best
I can do.

Jim Curran "It looks just like a Telefunken
Information Developer U-47. You'll love it."
RTP, NC USA - FZ