Re: more on writin _rules_

Subject: Re: more on writin _rules_
From: Rosie <ncrowe -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 12:00:54 -0700

Previous writers said:

> : > >> The Golden Rules of Writing
> : > >> 1. Make it understandable.
> : > >> 2. Make it consistent, unless that interferes with Rule 1.
> : > >> 3. Make it grammatically correct, unless that interferes with Rule 1 or
> 2.
> : > >> 4. Make it technically correct, unless that interferes with Rule 1, 2,
or

I wasn't going to get in on this thread either. Probably
someone else brought up this point while I was on vacation, but
where does "on time" come into this equation. One of the major
problems that we tech writers have to deal with is getting the
documentation done in synch with the product.

Rosie (NorthCrowe)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
*******
"Half an hour's meditation is essential except
when you are very busy. Then a full hour is needed."
-St. Francis De Sales