Health care for who?

Subject: Health care for who?
From: RoseRead -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 1995 02:19:35 -0500

DCitron,

I'm sorry, but I am taking strong, strong exception to your stated views on
President Clinton. For those of you who are now asking what this has to do
with the techwriter's list, just ask yourself how secure you would feel
striking out as a free lancer. If this isnt an issue for you, go on to the

I work in the health care industry as a dweeb. I have benefits...but I'm
still hesitant to go for my yearly exam because my plan doesn't cover
maintenence....

Just what the heck are you afraid of with Clinton? That he wants people to
be able to gain access to health care before they become catastrophic
write-offs in private industry? We *already* pay for that, in premiums and
in converage denial. The government has less of a stake in the greed machine
(i.e. profit, and I see plenty of that machine) than the pharmaceuticals, the
insurance industry, or private practitioners. How close are you to the
health care industry? how close are you to government? just how do you back
up the statements you make against the President's now smashed proposal for
health care reform?

I am tired of vacuous, unsubstantiated arguments such as >>>>"My health is
too
important to be entrusted to the government. Bureaucrats consistently screw
up. They don't care."<<<<

I currently work for a person on staff at the National Institutes of Health,
who is continuing his research in treating cancer at no charge to the
government. He formerly headed the ROB at NCI. There are people in medicine
who care deeply about people getting well, and a lot of those people are
connected with the government. They want their treatments to help people, and
be available to them. Insert at this point "The Insurance Industry" You
tell *me* who doesn't care. The government is NOT in the business of
regulating greed in private industry, even the health care industry. The
researchers at NIH have no more time to stomp out price gouging in the
medical industry than you or I do.

It seems to me that the best, the BEST alternative for people who want to
contract independantly is affordable, universal, health care coverage. But
who am I? I just *work here*.

You tell me exactly "who cares".
Kim T.
roseread -at- aol -dot- com