Wordsmithing

Subject: Wordsmithing
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 14:57:19 EST

Laura Johnson said:

>I don't know if "wordsmith" is widely used anywhere but here; I certainly
>don't think it's a real word.

I've heard that word used for about ten years now. I first encountered it (as
nearly as I can recall) while working at an aerospace company. The tech pubs
department was almost 100% retired Air Force people, and we interacted with
active AF types and DOD people daily. They all seemed to know the word.

Although, I must admit, the synonomous phrase "weasel wording" was a tad more
popular.

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor
Beverly, MA