Re: Moderate techwr-l?

Subject: Re: Moderate techwr-l?
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 23:14:32 -0800

Nancy Hayes said:
> No. Although, I did like Bonnie's (?) idea of a FAQ. Of course,
> then you have the problem misc.writing has: no one can ever find
> the flaming FAQ.

:) We have an advantage over misc.writing, being a list. The FAQ could be
stored with the archives, available through the listserver--a lot of lists
keep a copy of their welcome message their. Or it could be made accessible
through Eric's home page--or even the list's home page, when Eric builds
it in his spare time.:)

> Last, I access the group through an Internet connection. I'd
> hate to have my access cut to it when it provides so much
> helpful information.

Umm...most of us access the group through the Internet. Do you mean
Usenet?

> There's been quite a few times when
> an "off-topic" comment has helped me w/ something I'm working on.

Yep!

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com