Re: How about Asimov?

Subject: Re: How about Asimov?
From: John Holland <uunet!robcad!john -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 11:45:40 +0200

Some years ago I read an anecdote about Asimov which I still
remember, if somewhat vaguely. I may even have the schools
wrong, but at any rate, here is what I remember:

*****

When the Superman comic strip first appeared, some students at
Harvard sent a sample to Einstein and requested that he comment
on Superman's ability to fly at twice the speed of light. Einstein
replied that according to his theory of relativity, such a speed
is impossible.

Some students at Yale sent to Asimov the comic strip and Einstein's
comment. Asimov replied: Einstein's statement is in the realm of
theory; Superman's speed is in the realm of fact.

*****

Does anyone have a source for that anecdote?--if one exists!

John Holland, Herzliya, Israel uunet!robcad!john