Re: Technical Presentation Skills

Subject: Re: Technical Presentation Skills
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 15:42:22 -0700

> If children could learn the purpose of an index while they're young,
> their ability to conduct research later on in their educational or
> career pursuits would be much easier for them....they'd grow up with
> an appreciation for the conceptual map that an index provides, and
> they'd have much better research skills.

Lori, this is so true! I am reminded about an incident that happened just
last week. I was trying to locate a recipe by thumbing through an
assortment of recipe books. My 14 year-old daughter offered to help.
"Mom," she asked, "why don't you just look in the index?" Naturally, she
found the recipe! Now since I taught her early on to use the indexes of
books to help locate things, don't ask my why I wasn't doing so myself.

RoMay Sitze A musician must make music, an artist must
rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu paint, a poet must write, if he is to be
ultimately at peace with himself.
-Abraham Maslow-