Re: TOC for Two Volumes

Subject: Re: TOC for Two Volumes
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 08:50:29 -0800

Keep in mind that the title is one book. No matter how many pieces of
paper, how many bindings, how many screens - you get the idea.

So. The TOC covers the contents of all the material (all volumes). It
is perfectly proper (and I recommend it) to add a partial TOC,
containing only the material in that vol, to the other volumes.

All vols are paginated in the manner of "vol 1, page 20;" you achieve
this by putting the vol number in the title in the running head or
foot,

Everything About Everything, Volume I

with your usual page numbers (1, 1-1, A-1, whatever).

Each succeeding vol begins on page 1.

I think Chicago has everything you need to know, but if not, call again

jb
=============================
To all:

Help! I need some advice. I have two volumes of schematics. I am
having a hard time deciding how to go about the table of contents?
The way I see it, my options are:

-Put one TOC in Volume I and have Volume II start with page 230 (or
whatever)
-Put a TOC in Volume I and put a copy of the same TOC in Volume II
(Volume II starting with page 230)
-Treat the Volumes as separate books altogether (Volume II starting
with page one and having its own TOC)

Any urgent replies will be greatly appreciated! I need to decide by
today!!!

Thanks in advance,

Kelly Burhenne
burhennk -at- smtpgw -dot- liebert -dot- com
Columbus, OH