Re: Boat versus Cassette

Subject: Re: Boat versus Cassette
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 15:56:18 -0800

Might I suggest that a picture is worth a thousand words?

I agree that you should use "industry-standard" terminology.
Otherwise, what do you do when you (writers and other
employees) migrate to other companies... What will happen
if you go after iso9000 certification? Non-standard terms
could cause you all sorts of problems.

So... To start with, use the right terms. To clarify your
procedures to "old-timers" who are used to saying it wrong,
develop two icons that clearly show the difference between
a cassette and a boat and use them in the margins whenever
you refer to these two things.

Sue Gallagher
StarBase Corp, Irvine, CA
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com