Re: online help builders for unix

Subject: Re: online help builders for unix
From: Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 09:41:23 -0500

We currently do work for the Japanese market, and I am just beginning to try
to convince our Japanese partners that we can give them good, CHEAP, on-line
doc in the Unix environment (as an alternative to boring vi files).
I am looking into the possibility of using public domain software and the
Internet for creating and accesssing on-line help.
WebMaker (a FrameMaker to HTML tool) is a good example of public domain
software you can get off the World Wide Web or via ftp.

By the way, FrameViewer is the Frame tool that quickly changes your FrameMaker
doc to on-line files.

Laurie Rubin
lmr -at- syl -dot- nj -dot- nec -dot- com