Re: Tech Writers per Developer

Subject: Re: Tech Writers per Developer
From: Susan Purcell <spurcell -at- WC -dot- NOVELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 13:49:23 PST

It seems to me that this number would vary pretty wildly.

Sorry. I wish things were simpler. But unfortunately, there are
few pat answers to questions like this one. This reminds me of when I used
to want to know the "standard" contents of a software manual.
I finally realized that there are none; except for the most
general elements of any book, the contents of a software manual (and
many other types of manuals) are determined by the features of
the software product. Period.

On the other hand, if you have a _planning_ or _political_ need to
come up with some kind of number and it's not tied to a particular
project, I'm sure you'll find the right formula for your situation.

Susan
spurcell -at- wc -dot- novell -dot- com