Info request: Graphics Image Formats

Subject: Info request: Graphics Image Formats
From: doug montalbano <doug_montalbano -at- CC -dot- CHIRON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 11:48:35 PST

Does anyone on this polytropic list know of a reference for a
description of graphics image formats, their specifications, and
the differences among them?

This is something I've been meaning to do for a while -- our
company uses illustrations in its procedures which come from a
variety of sources in a variety of graphical formats and it's hell
on wheels sometimes getting them into usable form. Recently,
however, the gif-patent brouhaha has made this a very high
priority, since we also use gif files.

Any references would be appreciated.

Doug Montalbano Doug_Montalbano -at- cc -dot- chiron -dot- com
Chiron Corporation (510) 601-2862 (voice/TDD)

...I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes....If anybody
wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a
piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored
as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through
with having conversations for the rest of my life.
_The Catcher in the Rye_