Re: Framemaker??

Subject: Re: Framemaker??
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 22:54:44 -0700

Lisa, out of curiousity, which version of Pagemaker do you work with?
I've used both FrameMaker 4.0 and Pagemaker 4.0. I've ordered an upgrade
to Pagemaker, but it has been on backorder, so I can't speak to its
capabilities. In my experience, both programs have definite strengths in
different areas. Pagemaker seems to be much easier to learn. It is
great--even superior for shorter documents--newsletters, brochures, and so
on. I've used it for longer documents as well, but find FrameMaker seems
to handle my needs there far better. On the other hand, it is harder to
learn, and is not as friendly for the shorter documents.

It is possible that Pagemaker may have corrected some of the problems in
4.0 that made it awkward to work with longer documents, but I have no way
to tell whether this is the case or not. Since you seem to prefer it,
could you share with us your reasons?

RoMay Sitze A musician must make music, an artist must
rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu paint, a poet must write, if he is to be
ultimately at peace with himself.
-Abraham Maslow-