Re: Framemaker??

Subject: Re: Framemaker??
From: PJ Rose <PJRose -at- EWORLD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 17:51:18 PST

Regarding Lisa's question about the difference between FrameMaker and
PageMaker:

The big difference (IMHO) is that you can actually *write* in Frame. Before I
started using Frame about a year ago, I used to write in Word, and do the
final layout/cleanup in Page. (I found Page annoying to write in.) There's a
bit of a learning curve for Frame, but I personally think that it's worth it.
It's the best tool that I've used. There is some stuff that I wish they'd
improve (spell checker, find/replace, etc.), but so far the good things have
out-weighed the bad, as far as I'm concerned.

Being able to stay in Frame for the whole document creation process is
especially invaluable for some of the things that I'm working on, where casts
of thousands (figurative) edit a single document every day. Frame's style
controls in paragraphs and characters is *much* more robust than those in
Word (again, IMHO), and most of the time, the program lets you know when
you're trying to do something that will conflict with something someone else
has done.

PJ Rose
Technical Writer
Winterport, Maine
pjrose -at- eworld -dot- com
pjrose -at- aol -dot- com
73511 -dot- 2163 -at- compuserve -dot- com