Re: DTP Platforms

Subject: Re: DTP Platforms
From: "Harris, Russ [MV]" <RHarris -at- PO5 -dot- MV -dot- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 08:32:00 PST

My god, another Xyvision person.

We started using Xyvision in 1987/88. We started converting our documents
from Xyvision to Word for Windows 2.0 in 1993, finished in 1994, and just
let
our maintenance agreement lapse for 1995.

It sure had quite a learning curve, but now that we have the "pleasure" of
W4W,
I sure miss the advanced capabilities. We couldn't really justify them (we
only
have two or three basic layouts, and they don't change much), but the table
handling and page limits of W4W can make you nostalgic for just about
anything.

They're still struggling along in "maintenance" mode.

Russ Harris / Phone: (714)380-6730 Net^2: 656-6730
/MS Mail: Harris, Russ [MV] AMail: <HARRIS @ MP021>
/ Internet: russ.harris @ mv-oc.unisys.com
/ Altrnt: harris%mp021 @ eccsa.tredydev.unisys.com
/ "I wouldn't dream of speaking for Unisys"