Re: On Demand Printing

Subject: Re: On Demand Printing
From: Sherri Hall <shall -at- HILCO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 16:11:13 CST

Kelly,
I read your post about your company's docutech system. My company
is too small to lease such an animal. So, I'm talking to a local
service bureau to whom I can send a disk and receive printed manuals
in return. The benefit to me would be not to have to handle hardcopy
masters, store pasted-up originals, etc.
Is this a legitimate benefit in
your eyes? I have a service bureau rep. coming to visit me next
week, and I'd like to know more about the advantages and pitfalls
of using such a system before that meeting. Thanks.

BTW, I'm copying the techwr-l list of this e-mail
in case someone else has experiences s/he wants to share with me. . . .
--
Sherri Hall * "No passion in the world is equal to the passion
shall -at- hilco -dot- com * to alter someone else's draft." H.G. Wells