LOST REVISIONS

Subject: LOST REVISIONS
From: Gregg Roberts <gregg -dot- roberts -at- TPOINT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 23:11:50 -0600

My net-shy colleague claims that he has repeatedly lost changes made to
WordPerfect 5.1 documents. He'll make a change, save the doc, print it -- and
the printed copy does not have the change in it. This is with 20-30 page docs
with only a few font changes -- nothing all that challenging, one wouldn't
think. The hardware is a Compaq 486/66 with 8 MB RAM and 250MB hard drive,
nowhere near full, printing to an HP II. I am not sure if he has tried saving,
closing, re-opening, and printing -- but of course you shouldn't have to do all
that. (Even printing without saving at all should print what's in the document
buffer, right?) This has happened a number of times in a short period after he
was alerted to the problem, so it's not just fatigue.

Any ideas?

--gregg -dot- roberts -at- tpoint -dot- com