laser vs inkjet printers

Subject: laser vs inkjet printers
From: Caryn Rizell <caryn -at- HPPTC95 -dot- ROSE -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 13:29:38 PST

Hi!

I am in the market for a new printer for home. I am a contractor
and work from home for some of my projects. So I need a printer
that can meet this need.

I am looking at a laser printer for the speed, but I would
like to have an inkjet to get color. But then you sacrifice
speed (or so I hear). I have been seriously looking at the
Epson Actionlaser 1500. Anyone have any experience with this one?

I would love to hear anyone's comments/opinions about the
pros and cons of the printers they use at home.

When a printer says that it prints up to 4ppm or 6ppm what
does that mean? Text only? Or can it print graphics
at that speed?

If any of you have a color printer at home, which kind do
you have and what do you like/dislike about it?

Thanks very much. Since this isn't exactly technical
writing related (although this is a business purchase
for me), please reply to me personally and not to the
list.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Caryn Rizell
caryn -at- hpptc95 -dot- rose -dot- hp -dot- com