Re: Ventura 4.1

Subject: Re: Ventura 4.1
From: Catrin Hughes <CATRINH -at- FIREFOX -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 16:29:27 GMT

>>Does anyone know, in Ventura 4.1, how to create a shaded bar from
>>margin to margin that also has a black ruling line along the top?
>>Within the shading, I will be putting text.

>>I can make the shaded bar with the ruling line below, but I can't
>>seem to put the ruling line at the top.

Dave,

The way I do this is as follows:

1. Create a table that goes from margin to margin.
2. Turn off all the ruling lines for the table
3. Put in your text
4. Use the Set Tint option from the Table menu. (Choose Black as the
colour and then choose the pattern).
5. Manually apply a ruling line (a single black line) to the top of
the table.

You can change column and row settings and/or merge cells to get the
size of bar you need.

There may be a simper method but I never discovered it!

Hope this helps,
Catrin
Catrinh -at- firefox -dot- co -dot- uk