Technique Magazine

Subject: Technique Magazine
From: ASQB-IHA USAISSDC <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 16:08:01 MST

In one of his posts, Marc Santacroce (I think that's who it was) mentioned
Technique magazine from Paper Direct. Technique is excellent. I've been
a subscriber from their very first issue. It provides the level of
information I'm interested in and can relate to. I also subscribe to
a magazine called Publish and, although there's an article or two I find
helpful in most issues, the majority of their articles are well beyond
my current hardware capabilities and budget. Technique, on the other
hand, is more "grass roots" desktop publishing. Every issue is packed
with great articles on design, layout, fonts, etc. The only very, very
minor drawback I notice is that they do tend to weave into the articles
ever so subtlely plugs for Paper Direct paper. It's not blatant, and
they do include other companies without mentioning them; such as
"...available from paper distributers, such as Paper Direct."

Regular contributers to the mag are Roger C. Parker and Robin Williams,
two prolific writers about document design and layout.

Highly recommended.

Beverly Parks
(bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil)