Re[3]: Paperless

Subject: Re[3]: Paperless
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 12:21:00 -0500

It DOES take energy to make paper. In fact, it takes 20 watts to make one
sheet of virgin paper from raw materials. Multiply that by 500 sheet in a
ream and your up to 10 kilowatts.

Let's see. According to manufacturer's specs, my monitor takes 150 watts. If
we're talking about an X-terminal, we might expect a little more (no access to
one, so I can't say for sure) so let's call it 200 watts. So one ream of paper
would run an X-terminal for about 4 days.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24